Asbury Farm Homes for Sale
Asbury Farms Mason City
Asbury Farms is one of the newer subdivisions to Mason City. The division is a growing area, located on Northeast side of Mason City which is primarily residential.
The land surrounding the Asbury division is active farmland keeping that country feel but still in the city. There are over 30 acres of green space available for residents and their guests to use for recreation.
Asbury offers the ability to make your land and home your masterpiece. Being tucked away in the Northeast side of Mason City, the area is quiet on a semi-private drive with residential traffic only.
In addition there are many playgrounds for family enjoyment scattered through the development for children to play and grow. In the summer, you can join your neighbors in a game of baseball or basketball at the community’s baseball diamond and basketball court
Asbury Farms Residential Community
Asbury has direct access to the NIACC trail system that starts at Birch drive and is 2.2 miles of paved path. This path is ideal for walking, biking, or running on a safe pedestrian only path as a nice alternative to Highway 18. There is a prairie area along the path with a natural preserve and wildlife habitat planned. The neighborhood is able to provide all of this through the homeowners association.
Asbury Farm history started when it was dedicated on June 18th, 1973 and has continued to grow since. Members of the Asbury Farm Corporation know Mrs. Asbury’s vision for the land and work hard to keep that dream alive.
This division is the last remaining farmland within city limits which opens the opportunity to be creative! Asbury Farms would like to extend an invitation to you to join the community and the chance to express your creative side with your home and land.
Asbury Farms Subdivision
Great central location close to all Mason City attractions yet far enough away. Near the Asbury Farms subdivision is a wide variety of entertainment. One of those sources of entertainment is North Iowa Area Community College. Some of this world class entertainment ranges from theatrical shows and concerts from Broadway to sports entertainment.
The Mason City theatre offers some great local entertainment. Music Man Square brings you back to a time of music and wonder. Within minutes you can find fine dining in the downtown area.
- Local grocery store chain Hy-Vee contains a pharmacy, restaurant, liquor, groceries, and more.
- A 24-hour fitness/health center, physical therapy, family practices clinic and pharmacies nearby.
- Convenience stores that offer fuel and other basic necessities.
- A bowling alley that offers a unique blacklight bowling experience.
- A daycare and preschool is also within walking distance.
- Water, Sewer and Garbage – can be started by contacting the City of Mason City.
- Internet – Mediacom and Century Link offer high speed Internet connections
- Television – Direct TV, Dish Network and Mediacom give you television to keep up with your favorite shows.
- Phone Service – Century Link and Mediacom have options for traditional landline telephone service.
- Elementary School – Homeowners with children Preschool through 4th grade can send their kids to Jefferson Elementary School, which is part of the Mason City Iowa School District. This school has a roughly 16:1 student to teacher ratio with a little over 400 students in the school. Jefferson also boasts the highest test scores in the Mason City school district according to greatschools.com
- Intermediate School – Students who are in grades 5th and 6th come to Lincoln Intermediate. They get a chance to transition into middle school.
- John Adams Middle School – Children come to John Adams Middle School in the 7th and 8th grades.
- Mason City High School – Parents send their children to Mason City High School in the grades 9th through 12th. This school has multiple opportunities and can facilitate every child.
- North Iowa Christian School – This is a private Christian school that provides a nondenominational Christian education grades kindergarten through 12th grade. This school is expanding and growing every year.
- Newman Catholic School – The convenience of having daycare, preschool-12th grade all on one campus. Newman is known for their Catholic traditions. Newman students adhere to Christian values and principles of love and respect in the classroom and on all areas of the campus. Newman provides a quality education experience for its young people in a safe environment that fosters excellence in academics and spiritual development.Students put faith into action by volunteering in the community and learn Christian values that stay with them for their lifetime. Scholarship opportunities are available. Families wanting their children to have a faith filled education have a great opportunity here. Newman has a lot to offer including award winning athletics and arts programs. This school educates preschool through 12th grade
- Mason City Alternative School – Is a school with a 17:1 student to teacher ratio that allows students the opportunity to learn and grow. This school invites students who are in 9th through 12th grade.
Close to Restaurants & Dining
- Specialty coffee to Seattle-style coffee houses is beautifully spaced throughout Mason City.
- Fast-food chain restaurants are within minutes of Asbury Farms and other fine dining options are closely located downtown.
- Located within the local grocery store is a daily buffet of a wide variety of choices that will meet your needs.
- Multiple options for pizza of either dining in or taking out.