Come celebrate the artistic talents of North Iowa‘s youngest residents at the 36th Annual School Art Exhibition – Kid Creations! Head to the Charles H. MacNider Art Museum (303 2nd Street Southeast, Mason City) now through Saturday, April 18th to see the incredible works of art on display in the Center Space Gallery.
The School Art Exhibition is held every year by the Charles H. MacNider to celebrate Youth Art Month in March. This year’s theme, Kid Creations!, showcases the creativity and imaginative power of elementary school students (kindergarten through 6 grade) and emphasizes the importance of art education in our local school districts. The 55 young artists in this year’s exhibition are from the following schools:
- CAL Community School District (Latimer)
- Garner-Hayfield-Ventura Elementary School (Garner)
- Hampton-Dumont South Side Elementary School (Hampton)
- Home Schools
- Hoover Elementary (Mason City)
- Richard O. Jacobson Elementary (Belmond)
- Lincoln Elementary (Osage)
- Roosevelt Elementary (Mason City)
- West Fork Elementary School (Rockwell)
- West Hancock Elementary School (Britt)
- West Hancock Middle School (Britt)
The student artists on display in the showcase, as well as their teachers, will be honored at a special reception and recognition ceremony to be held at the Charles H. MacNider Art Museum on Saturday, April 4th, from 1:00 pm to 2:00 pm. Everyone is welcome at this special event as we recognize the wonderful accomplishments of these talent artists. The reception is sponsored by Alpha Delta Kappa.
For more information on more fantastic events for the whole family in North Iowa, visit our Website or follow us on Facebook!