If you are waiting to list your home on the market, there are several things that you can do right now to get your home prepped for when you are finally ready to Sell. You don’t even need to hit up the store to do any of these tasks! Use the time you have now to get your North Iowa in tip top shape for the real estate market with these easy DIY projects. You will be thankful to have the tasks crossed off the list when you are trying to sell your home this spring.
- Do a Deep Clean: Most of us are using this time to disinfect all high contact surfaces. But, in order to get your home fully ready for sale, you need to clean all of those hard to reach places. Clean off all baseboards and vents. Remove clutter from bathroom drawers before wiping them down and wipe down the outside of the cabinets.
- Make It Organized: Now is the perfect time to really go through all of your possessions and get rid of the items that you do not use. Organize the items you are keeping and rearrange your closet space to make it tidier. Make the entry way of your home less cluttered and more inviting.
- Touch Up The Walls: You can instantly freshen up your home by focusing on the walls. Grab that spare paint from the basement and touch up the interior walls in your house that need it. Since it is important to depersonalize your home when staging it to sell, consider swapping out photos and personalized frames now so you are ready to list your home at a moments notice.
- Brighten It Up: An often overlooked but fundamental aspect of design is lighting. Great lightening can instantly make a home more welcoming and cozy. Wash your curtains and blinds and make sure all windows are free of smudges. Replace light bulbs as necessary and wipe down all lamps and shades.
- Tackle The Kitchen: Make your kitchen more functional and organized by cleaning out the fridge and wiping down all interior shelving. Empty out the cabinets and pantry to reorganize and wipe down.
- Clean Up The Yard: The outside of your home needs to look just as tidy as the inside. Sweep off all surfaces, especially the desk and patio. Give your outdoor furniture a much needed washing. Go through your planters to remove debris, wash the outer surfaces, and prep for plants.
Along with prepping your home with these easy maintenance tasks, get ready for selling by finding out What’s Your Home Worth. When you are ready to enter the North Iowa real estate market, Jane Fischer & Associates is here to help! Visit Our Website or give us a call at 641-424-HOME (4663) for all your selling needs!